Name of Post :
Constables (SSC GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), NIA, SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination, 2021
Short Info for SSC GD Constable vacancy 2021 :
The Staff Selection Commission will conduct an open competitive examination for recruitment to the posts of Constable (General Duty) in Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Secretariat Security Force (SSF) and Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles (AR) as per the Recruitment Scheme formulated by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
Important Dates for SSC GD Constable Vacancy :
- Dates for submission of online applications: 17.07.2021 to 31.08.2021
- Last date and time for receipt of online applications: 31.08.2021 (23:30)
- Last date and time for making online fee payment: 02.09.2021 (23:30)
- Last date and time for generation of offline Challan: 04.09.2021 (23:30)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 07.09.2021
- Schedule of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): To be informed later
Total Vacancy: 25271
- Total vacancy in OBC : 4973(male) + 616(female)
- Total vacancy in General : 9524(male) + 1230(female)
- Total vacancy in SC: 3359(male) + 410(female)
- Total vacancy in ST: 2356(male) + 318(female)
- Total vacancy in EWS: 2212(male) + 273(female)
Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only).
No fee for women, SC/ST candidates and Ex-servicemen
Age Limit (As on: 01-08-2021) :
- Minimum age: 18 yr
- Maximum age: 23 yr
- Age relaxation will be given as per ssc rules
Educational Qualifications (As on 01.08.2021):
- The candidates must have passed Matriculation or 10th Class Examination from a recognized Board/ University.
- Candidates who have not acquired the essential educational qualification as on the stipulated date will not be eligible and need not apply
Pay Scale: Pay Level-3 (Rs 21700-69100)
Incentive to NCC Certificate Holders:
- NCC ‘C’ Certificate : 5% of the maximum marks of the examination
- NCC ‘B’ Certificate : 3% of the maximum marks of the examination
- NCC ‘A’ Certificate : 2% of the maximum marks of the examination
Note: The benefit to NCC Certificate Holder will only be given on production of the original certificate supporting their claims at the time of document verification. However, till the verification of NCC Certificate, bonus marks will be awarded provisionally as per the claim of candidate in the online application form.
How to apply :
- Applications must be submitted in online mode at the official website of the Commission i.e. https://ssc.nic.in.
- In the online Application Form, candidates are required to upload the scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB).
- Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height)
- The photograph should be without cap, spectacles and both ears should be visible
Scheme of Examination:
Computer Based Examination:
The Computer based examination will consist of one objective type paper containing 100 questions carrying 100 marks, with the following composition:
- Part-A : General Intelligence and Reasoning: 25 Qns 25 marks
- Part-B : General Knowledge and General Awareness: 25 Qns 25 marks
- Part-C : Mathematics : 25 Qns 25 marks
- Part-C : English/ Hindi: 25 Qns 25 marks
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)/ Physical Standard Test (PST):
- For Male( Gen/OBC/SC)- Height-170cm, Chest-80-85cm, Running– 5km in 24 minutes
- For Male( ST)- Height-165cm, Chest-76-80cm, Running– 5km in 24 minutes
- For Female( Gen/OBC/SC)- Height-157cm, Chest-NA, Running– 1.6km in 8.5 minutes
- For Female( ST)- Height-155cm, Chest-NA, Running– 1.6km in 8.5 minutes
Negative marking :
In SSC GD Constable Vacancy there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions
Candidates will be shortlisted for Detailed Medical Examination (DME) from the pool of candidates who qualify PET/ PST.
Mode of selection:
SSC GD Constable Vacancy recruitment process will consist of Computer Based Examination (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST), Medical Examination (DME/ RME) and Document Verification.
Important links for SSC GD Constable Vacancy :